Get Answers to Your Pennsylvania Family Law Questions from Our Experienced Attorneys
Frustrated at home or worried about your children or grandchildren? Getting conflicting advice from your friends and family? Use this website to get real, immediate answers to your most pressing family law questions and concerns.
Whether you need family law representation immediately or just sound legal advice to help you understand your options, our skilled Pennsylvania family law attorneys can help. Knowing your rights when you are considering divorce, custody, protection or another family issue is very important to developing a secure plan for your future.
Women - Get Immediate Help: Order our FREE book, What Every Woman in Pennsylvania Should Know about Divorce to learn how to protect your rights and your future.
Men - Get the answers you need, when you need them: Order our FREE book, The Men's Book: Divorce in Pennsylvania to learn how to protect your assets and your future.
Child custody, grandparents' rights, child support, spousal support, emergency custody, divorce, protection from abuse - these are serious issues that can overwhelm even the strongest man or woman. You likely have a hundred questions running through your mind, such as:
- What is the difference between a divorce and an annulment?
- My spouse wants to divorce but I do not want to. Can I be forced to divorce?
- Once one of us has filed for divorce can it be stopped?
- Can a Judge force my spouse to attend couples counseling so we can avoid a divorce?
- My spouse and I have been separated for several years now, how will that affect my ability to get a divorce?
- I've heard that you can get a divorce if your spouse abandons you. What qualifies as abandonment?
- I am unhappy with my current family law attorney. Is there anything I can do?
- Can I speak directly with my spouse's attorney?
- Can my attorney communicate directly with my spouse?
- What are my rights as a grandparent?
What can a Pennsylvania family law attorney do for you?
When you face a divorce, custody hearing, need for protection or other family issue an experienced and aggressive attorney is essential to the protection of your family's rights. The right attorney will clearly explain your legal rights to you, give you strong representation, and get you the justice you need to move on with your life. You can find this kind of attorney at MHK Attorneys right now.
- At MHK Attorneys, we believe in straight talk, real answers, and quick progress. We don't think that there is any reason to make family law cases last longer than necessary, so we aim to get fast results that represent the best interests of you and your family.
- At MHK Attorneys, we are always here to help you. We never treat our clients like numbers. Instead, we will work hard on your case and make an effort to get to know you and your family. We are always here to answer your questions and help you reach important decisions about your future.
- We know that you need answers to your questions - and you need them now. Use this website to get the information you need right now for no cost or obligation.
- Search this website using the "Search Our Site" on the top left sidebar.
- Chat or ask questions using our "LIVE CHAT" feature.
- Read information on the different types of family law cases we accept.
- Read what our clients think of us in our Client Testimonials;
- Browse our family law library for informative articles;
- Check out our family law news section and our family law blog for timely information;
- Sign up for our free monthly MHK Attorneys "Out of the Box" Newsletter.
Do you have more questions or are you ready to talk with an attorney?
We at MHK Attorneys are always here to answer your questions. We know that family law cases can be confusing and overwhelming, and we will do everything that we can to make your situation easier on you. Read our articles, blog posts, and frequently asked questions for more information. If you have a question that you want answered, CALL US!
You can schedule an initial consultation with one of our Pennsylvania family law lawyers to discuss your options and get advice on how to proceed. There is no reason to delay, so call us at (888) 478-1699 today.
MHK Attorneys understands that your privacy is paramount in matters like this. If you need an anonymous Gmail account to receive our FREE helpful info, you can click here to get one.
Should you want to order our book, but don't want it to possibly end up in the hands of someone else, you can create a PO Box nearest you by clicking here.
Spousal support and alimony payments are designed to assist the spouse who earns less with living expenses such as mortgage or rent payments, utility bills, insurance, and food; or with the costs associated with the legal proceedings of a divorce.
Child support can become another subject couples fight about when going through a divorce. Remember, your child needs to receive enough financial support, regardless of the feelings you and your former spouse have towards each other. Click above for more valuable information and a link to a PA child support calculating tool.
MHK Attorneys handles various types of child custody issues which include legal custody, physical custody, grandparents' rights and relocation of custodial parent. Click above heading for more detailed information about Pennsylvania child custody laws.
If you are in a situation of domestic violence, you need to know that there are immediate actions you can take to protect your safety and that of your family. A judge can grant you a protection from abuse order (PFA), ordering the abuser to cease all abuse or face serious legal consequences.
At MHK Attorneys, we find domestic violence in any form to be wholly unacceptable, and we will pursue protection and justice for victims to the fullest extent possible under the law.
Often, couples need the guidance of an experienced divorce attorney to work out the details of the equitable distribution of marital property. Having a good lawyer on your side can mean the difference between economic hardship and future financial security when it comes to property division in divorce. At MHK Attorneys, our divorce lawyers have years of experience in handling equitable division cases, including high net worth divorces. We will work tirelessly to protect your best financial interests.
At least one of the parties contesting for the divorce must be a Pennsylvania resident for a minimum of six months. Either spouse can begin the divorce proceedings by simply stating in divorce papers that the marriage is "irretrievably broken." This states that there is no feasible way to fix the marriage. Also, both spouses need to be separated for two years or must both agree, in writing, to the divorce .
You can begin your divorce by approaching the Court of Common Pleas and filing a "Divorce Complaint." If there is no dispute on the key issues of child custody and support or property and debt division, the divorce can be finalized without a trial. If you don't agree on the issues, a date for the hearing will be set by the court system.